Monday, February 22, 2016

Put Yourself Out There

Parents never get it right, especially in the eyes of strangers. I used to feel that getting out and doing activities with my kids was just putting my family in the danger zone of judgement. I'm trying to get over that. On the one hand, I want to be impervious (to judgement, to random people touching or chastising my children, to doctors or administrators who think they know best), but I also want be porous. I want to learn from my parenting (and non parenting) peers. So how do I achieve both? My revelation wasn't new to the world, but it's new to me. 

Judgement from others is not a reflection of me. It's a reflection of them.  

What!!??? This is so absolutely crazy to internalize this, but it makes me feel brave. Fearless. Which is a quality that I very much admire and try to embody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment